All-on-4 and All-on-6
1. What are All-On-4 and All-On-6?
All-on-4 and All-on-6 are the techniques used to restore all lost tooth on one jaw with 4 or 6 implants. With All-on-4 and All-on-6, the number of restored teeth is 10-12 teeth per jaw. This helps reduce the number of implants required, hence reducing the cost of treatment, while still maintaining chewing function and aesthetic feature.
With All-on-4 and All-on-6, doctor will place 4-6 implants per jaw for the patient, depending on individual condition. Prosthesis on implants could either be fixed or removable. For All-On-6, it is more likely that the prosthesis would be fixed.
All-on-4 and All-on-6
2. Which cases are suitable for All-on-4 and All-on-6?
- Complete edentulous arch
- Bone loss
- Patient wants to have the function, aesthetic similar to real teeth
- Stable health condition (Doctor will inform if the patient has illness or special health condition)
- Sufficient bone for implant placement (inadequate cases may require pre-operative bone graft surgery, or simultaneous bone grafting during implant placement).
Cases with missing teeth on one or both jaws are suitable for All-On-4 and All-On-4
3. What are the pros and cons of All-on-4 and All-on-6?
- Good functionality
- High aesthetic
- Easy to fix
- Up to lifetime warranty (Depending on implant brand)
- High cost
- Require special equipment / tool to clean
- Require 2 stages of treatment, each of which is 6-8 months (or even 1 year) apart depending on each case
4. Compare All-on-4 and All-on-6
- All-On-4 is indicated when there is not enough bone in back teeth to place additional implants.
- All-On-6 is more commonly used for fixed prosthesis. All-On-4 can be used for fixed or removable prosthesis, depending on specific conditions (BS will inform the patient).
- All-on-6 tends to have better functionality as more implants provide more support for teeth
5. What is the procedure for All-on-4 and All-on-6?
Step 1: The procedure for All-On-4 and All-On-6 fluctuates depending on the individual case. On average, each case requires approximately 14-15 days, including 4-5 appointments and one check up.
- Taking X-rays and general examination
- Implant placement surgery (with teeth removal and bone graft if needed) in one appointment
- Take impression for temporary prosthesis (The technique would vary depending on the type of prosthesis)
- Install the temporary prosthesis and adjustment (if needed) in several appointments
- Final check up
Step 2 (6 – 8 months later): On average, each case requires approximately 10 days
- Take CT Cone Beam X-rays and check the implant(s)
- Take impression for study cast
- Install permanent prosthesis and adjustment (2-3 appointments)
- Re-examination and final check up
It is recommended that patients have re-examination every 6 months, either at our center or with any local dentist.
Procedure for All-On-4 and All-On-6 implant placement at our center
6. Price table for All-on-4 and All-on-6
7. Warranty Policy
At Dr Hung & Associates Dental Center, we apply the 10-year up to lifetime warranty policy for All-On-4 or All-On-6 implant placement at our center.
- Lifetime Warranty for Implant placement by Nobel Biocare, Straumann and Biohorizons.
- 15 years Warranty for Implant placement by Tekka.
- 10 years Warranty for Implant placement by MIS.
Dental implant pass provided by Nobel Biocare
Our responsibility – We will repair and/or replace any problems with your implants complete free of charge given that:
- There is a problem with the implant itself.
- Problems during implant placement and prosthesis procedure.
- Repair or replacement is done at Dr Hung & Associates Dental Center (Address: 244A Cong Quynh St, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam). We are not responsible for any payment should you choose to have repair/replacement done at another clinic/center.
- Airfare, accommodation and other transportation costs are NOT included.
Conditions and Requirement
You MUST follow instructions in Implant Home Care to be eligible for our Warranty Policy.
Dental warranty will be reduced or voided for:
- Allergies and illnesses that were not disclosed properly before the dental procedures are performed.
- A general illness is present which has an unfavourable effect on the chewing organ (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, osteoporosis, after-condition excessive X-rays or chemotherapy).
- Bone graft or sinus lift at the same time with implant placement.
- Excessive smoking or substance abuse.
- Poor post-procedure dental hygiene.
- Teeth night guard not used when have teeth grinding.
- Damages caused by extreme stress (grinding at night, grip of the teeth).
- Damages caused by procedures performed by dentist/doctor that are not part of Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center.
- Patients do not re-visit for dental check-ups and cleanings.
8. All-on-4 and All-on-6 cases at Dr Hung & Associates Dental Center
9. Why choosing Dr Hung & Associates Dental Center?
- Expertise & Experience: Hung is one of the best experts in implant and cosmetic dentistry with over 20 years experience and is an active member of many professional associations (See more). We have a team of specialized dental experts in different fields including dental implants, oral surgery, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, etc.
- Most advanced technological equipment: We are the only dental hospital in Vietnam equipped with a CT Cone Beam, Panorex, radiography, and electrocardiogram system.
- Sedation dentistry: Sedative therapies are used to help you feel relaxed and comfortable during the treatment.
- Optimal quality: Eight specialized dental department means you could get all the required services at one time. We guarantee the best treatment result at a very reasonable cost, with warranty policy lasting up to a lifetime.
- Global ranking: Hung & Associates Dental Hospital is listed as the #1 dental hospital in Vietnam. Our level of expertise, facilities, services and patient responses have proven to be well above current international clinic standards.
First 5-star dental center in Vietnam