How to Find a Good Dentist That You Can Trust
Finding the right dentist can seem like an overwhelming task, but it gets a lot easier once you know where to look to find good candidates, what to look for when comparing them and finally what questions to ask to determine which best fits your needs and situation.
How to Find One
- The best way to start your search for a great dentist is by asking your friends, family, colleagues or co-workers for recommendations. Those who are pleased with the work of their surgeon will be happy to refer you or at least tell you their thoughts.
- If the previous method doesn’t work out, you can search online for: good dental clinic in…, high quality dental clinic in… (with your current area) or with the services you are looking for such as: high quality dental implant, porcelain crown, porcelain veneer, pain-free dentistry or good dentists,…
With the development of digital technology in dentistry, a good dental clinic needs to have a team of dental specialiests be fully invested with the most modern equipment to bring the best treatment results for patients. A small dental clinic with a few dentists is no longer a good choice for the treatment specialties like dental implants, cosmetic porcelain dental, orthodontics invisalign braces …
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dentist
1. First you need to determine:
- Does the clinic have a full range of dental departments?
- What do their patients say about them?
From those information, choose at least 3 dental clinics so that you can compare and decide, through their websites or other sources of information with the following questions:
- How long has the dentist been in business?
- Do they have the proper qualifications? Are they a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)? Contact your local society to confirm if necessary.
- How much experience do they have with the procedure(s) you require?
- Do they communicate with you in English?
- How often do they attend continuing education courses and conferences?
- Do they have modern technology and equipment? Or the CT Cone Beam for better evaluation of your dental conditions?
- Do they have a In-House Dental Lab with CAD/CAM techniques? (this ensures that the quality of the products are in control)
- Is the treatment procedure complete and clearly explained? Were example clinical cases given to clarify the process?
- Do they have before and after photos of their previous patients? Bring an after photo of a patient who was in a similar situation to show the sort of result you expect.
- Do they have solutions to support the treatment process such as medication, anesthesia…to ensure you would feel completely relaxed during the treatment (this is especially important for dental phobia)?
- Do their materials come from a reliable source?
- What Warranty plans do they have? If yes, what are the terms and conditions?
- Do they follow international standards in infection control?
- Do they offer amenities such as heating pads, TV or music?
- What is their post-treatment care?
- Are their location and working hours convenient for you?
- What other services do they provide (eg: airport pick-up, flight and hotel booking, tour booking, etc)?
2. Phone or email them to discuss your personal dental needs:
- Are they and their admin staff willing to answer your questions?
- Are they friendly? Do they make your feel comfortable? Do you feel like you could build a good long-term relationship with them?
- How well do they explain your oral health situation, the treatments you require and the procedures that will be done?
- The stated fee should be reasonable for the quality provided and your budget.
3. An official appointment for initial consultation
An appointment is very essential for you to figure out the quality of the dental clinic.
- Is the staff friendly?
- Does the office and the equipment look neat, orderly and clean as advertised? (If not, the best thing to do is for you to choose another clinic)
- Do they ask questions to learn more about your situation and take notes on their findings? Especially with allergies and diseases.
- Do they wear gloves and other personal protection equipment while providing treatment?
- Do they discuss both the benefits of the procedure and the possible side effects or problems?
- No other extra cost is included other than the agreed plan?
- Simple payment methods?
Overall, a reliable dental clinic will have good reputation within their community. Following the steps above and you are ensured to find THE BEST DENTAL CLINIC that is guaranteed to bring you A PERFECT SMILE.
Comments are closed.