Fact and Fiction Concerning Dental Tourism
In common with many new ideas and trends, dental tourism has received a mixed press, mainly due to a lack of knowledge on the part of the journalists covering the topic in the news. Whether you are interested in overseas dentistry clinics from a practical point of view, i.e. you are hoping to visit one in the near future, or from a purely intellectual point of view, this article will provide you with some interesting answers to questions that have been raised about overseas dental services in recent years.
Addressing Common Misconceptions about Dental Tourism
Below, we look at the facts concerning dental tourism to South East Asia, and compare them to the myths that have been fuelled by the popular media.
- Visiting Reputable Foreign Dentists is Perfectly Safe – One of the most prevalent rumours regarding dental clinics in less developed nations is that there is something inherently unsafe about them but the simple fact of the matter is that the best clinics in countries such as Vietnam adhere to the same high standards set by clinics in Australia, the UK, and the USA. Organisations such as the South East Asia Association for Dental Education promote training and research in member countries, ensuring that standards remain high across the region.
- Standards of Treatment Are Comparable to Those in Western Clinics – Contrary to what some people may believe, the dental clinics in Vietnam and other South East Asian countries are every bit as well equipped as those in the West and the dentists who work in these clinics are just as well qualified as their peers in Australia, the UK, New Zealand, and the USA.
- Making an Appointment Is Very Easy – The thought of contacting a dental clinic in Vietnam and making an appointment may fill you with dread but the fact of the matter is that the receptionists, dental technicians, and dentists at all reputable clinics have a very good grasp of the English language and make it very easy for overseas clients to arrange treatment sessions.
- High Quality and Low Cost Is Definitely Possible! – Some people assume that just because the cost of dental treatment in Vietnam is much lower than it is in Australia and other developed nations, the quality must be lower too. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth: dentists in South East Asia often undergo more rigorous training than their Western counterparts and regularly attend industry conferences to make sure they stay up to date with the latest technologies and techniques.
- Guarantees Are Available – Another common misconception is that dental work carried out overseas will not be covered by any kind of guarantee. On the contrary: the very best Vietnamese dental clinics offer lifetime warranties for implants and long-term warranties on other cosmetic procedures.
If you would like to find out how much our dental procedures cost or to ask for further information concerning our services, just call or email us and we will be delighted to be of assistance.
Comments are closed.