Do Dinh Hung, DDS, PhD – Founder
Meet Dr. Hung
Do Dinh Hung DDS.PhD first earned a Bachelor’s of Chemistry degree at Saigon University of Science in 1971 and then at Saigon Dental Medicine University in 1973, graduating in 1979.
After graduation, Dr. Hung worked at Minh Hai Province’s Hospital for 10 years, specializing in dentistry and odonto-maxillofacial surgery. As head of the Odonto-Maxillofacial Surgery Department at this hospital, Dr Hung has performed thousands of odonto-maxillofacial-related surgeries, including pathologies, maxillofacial malformations and trauma for patients at Bac Lieu and Southwestern Provinces.
Dr. Hung attended the post graduate Master’s program in General Dentistry with a concentration in Prosthodontics at University of Houston, Texas, in the US from 1994 to 1999.
Since the 2000’s, Dr. Hung was the Head of the Prosthodontics Department, then Vice President at the National Hospital of Odonto–Stomatology in HCMC-Ministry of Health. At this hospital Dr. Hung has treated many government leaders such as the late Communist party General Secretary Nguyen Van Linh, the former Communist party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu, the former Prime Minister Phan Van Khai, the Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, as well as many other officials.
Dr. Hung is one of the first doctors to perform implant placement in Vietnam in 1994. Dr. Hung is particularly specialized in implant placement with the Nobel Biocare implant system, using Nobel Guide software to make the surgical guide template, which is useful for surgeons in implant placement: faster and more accurate when applying the All-on-4® technique by Nobel Biocare for edentulous customers. Dr. Hung is also specialized in Zygomatic implant placement for customers with significant bone loss on the upper jaw, after completing clinical programs from Nobel Biocare & Malo Clinic.
At the same time, Dr Hung has been improving Cosmetic Dentistry, by establishing his own in-house dental laboratory with CAD/CAM technique (computer aided design & manufacturing) and using Digital Smile Design software, to provide our customers with the perfect smile.
Dr. Hung also attended a clinical program related to Prosthodontics for cancer patients at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at University of Houston, Texas in 2000.
In 2012, Dr. Hung completed his research for The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Medicine with a thesis related to The Application of Technology Dental Implant, at 108 Institute of Clinical Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Every year, at least 3 times/year, Dr. Hung and his associates attend dental conferences, trainings, clinical programs locally as well as internationally, in order to keep improving our skills and learning new technique.
Education & Certification
- DFMS (Diplôme de Formation Médicale Spécialisée, or Diploma of Specialist Medical Training) in Maxillofacial Surgery – Level I)
- DFMS in Odonto Restoration,
- Master in General Dentistry with a concentration in Prosthodontics from University of Houston, Texas, US
- PhD with thesis related to the Application of Technology in Dental Implant
- Observership & Dental Laboratory Training in the Section of Oncologic Dentistry & Prosthodontics from M.D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Houston, Texas, US
- General Plastic Surgery (1 year program)
- Application of Laser in Modern General Dentistry
A member of the following organizations
- AAID – American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- ADI – Academy of Dentistry International
- AACD – Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- ISMR – International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation
- ICP – International College of Prosthodontics
- ICD – International College of Dentists
- ASID – Australian Society of Implant Dentistry
- ITI – International Team for Implantology